My man wasn't even home 48 hours when I started noticing the signs of a new storm.
I brushed it off thinking he just went through his most brutal round yet, this recovery is bound to be just as brutal.
But by day three the clouds of the storm were closing in.
He was just not getting better.
He was actually getting worse.
I made the decision to take him to the ER.
They did a CT scan of his brain.
And then the storm hit.
Multiple suspicious looking spots were found.
Multiple.
They quickly got him in for an MRI to confirm exactly what they were.
They are not tumors.
They are brain lesions from multiple strokes.
It was deterimined that they are watershed strokes.
Watershed strokes are brought on by low blood pressure.
Low blood pressure.
The very thing that almost sent him to the ICU his last week of therapy.
The doctors have no answers for how long this storm will last.
But they are very encouraged with what my man is able to do.
And for the improvement that has taken place in just 24 hours.
They anticipate that with time, this storm will pass.
And my man will make a full recovery.
Dan has a very long road of recovery ahead of him and it will take many many baby steps for him to get there but I have no doubt he'll do it.
So thankful it's not tumors! I'm praying for his full recovery from all stroke symptoms and from every single cancer cell! Love from your IG friend, Elizabeth aka elizafaye. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Danae,
ReplyDeleteIt must be scary thing to go through. You and Dan are so brave. I'm praying for your family.