Friday, June 20, 2014

Tomorrow

There have been moments of hope this week.

There have been days with big victories this last week.

On this road to recovery, every victory is big.

There are no small victories.

None.

But I need to be real about what this week has really been like.

I have never experienced the kind of darkness that I have felt this week.

There have been days of absolute darkness.

Days that I have counted down the hours for tomorrow.

Just so today would be over with.

And because tomorrow couldn't be any darker than today.

But then tomorrow is here.

And it's just as dark.

If not darker.

And so I start counting down the hours for the next tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I had you on my mind today and prayed for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying as the Lord puts your family on my heart....which is often. Asking for His presence to overcome the darkness of this very difficult journey.
    Lamentations 3:19
    I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them and my soul is downcast within me.
    Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope. Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you and Dan, your children.

    It must be tough...we're praying for you. I'm glad Dan is home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We pray for you, Dan and the children every day. You are never far from my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete