Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Morning News

I woke up to some news today that shouldn’t have been a surprise but it was.  Before I could stop the tears they were there.

Our little gal Reagan was admitted to the hospital for heart surgery today.  We’ve known from the first day we reviewed her file that she would need a follow-up surgery to the one that she had about 1.5 years ago.   She was originally set to have it about 4 months ago but plans changed and I was hoping that she was going to be able to wait until she was home with us to have this second one but that is not the plan.

Our oldest daughter has congenital heart disease and congenital scoliosis so we have some experience with surgeries and hospital stays.  Bonich was older than Reagan is when she had her spinal fusions and heart surgery and I know just how much she needed me there. What kiddo doesn't need their mama?  My heart is aching that I cannot be there to comfort her, hold her or tell it’s going to be ok.  When Bonich was in the hospital my heart would go out the kids who would be in their rooms alone for part of or all day.   I know that with Reagan’s foster home she will most likely have someone with her but that someone is not mama. 

It is a strange feeling to be mama and not be there.  To not know any details….is this minor or major surgery?  What exactly are they trying to correct?  What is the recovery time?

Would you mind lifting our little gal up in prayer?  Please pray for a complication free surgery and recovery.  Please pray that God's hands are on her surgeons.  Please also pray that there is never a time that she is left alone or that she feels alone.

2 comments:

  1. I will cover her in prayers while you are sleeping!
    One blessing of having a "friend" in Hong Kong,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I will pray for her and you as well.

    ReplyDelete