Bonich transferred to TCU at the beginning of August. The T stands for Texas but it might as well stand for Tanzania because I kinda feel like that's how far away she is. Reagan went with us to drop Bonich off and it was Reagan who was so very emotional about saying goodbye. Reagan had been very ornery to Bonich since she came back home from school in May. She had been so naughty and mean to Bonich over the summer that I actually brought it up to our social worker so I didn't think Reagan would even blink an eye when we said goodbye to Bonich but there in Bonich's dorm room saying goodbye I saw just how much Reagan loved her big sister. She did not want to leave and wanted to live with Bonich in her "new house." There were a lot more tears than I expected from Miss Reagan.
While in Texas, Reagan was able to be reunited with some former brothers, sisters and volunteers at a New Day Reunion. I don't think she remembered many of them but she did seem to remember one of her foster brothers. She kept going to his family's table while waiting for dinner and I noticed that she was always looking for him if he got out of her sight.
Reagan was able to see a few volunteers from New Day who saw her back when she first arrived at New Day and they were able to see the beautiful transformation that has taken place in our girl's life. It was a great day being able to connect with other families who have been so blessed by New Day.
My Mason Boy turned 10 years old. We have a bakery in town that makes the most amazing cakes and seeing how much my boy loves himself a hamburger, this seemed like the perfect cake for him.
Less than two weeks after dropping Bonich off it was Kanika's turn to spread her wings and fly but unlike her sister she chose to stay a little closer to home for school. She's going to a university that is only forty minutes away from us and in the same city where my parents live. Her nickname is Little One and it was awfully difficult for me to see the young woman that she is today and not Little One when saying goodbye to her.
And here we are already in October. School and routines are in full gear. Soccer and dance class are taking over our weekends and before we know it, we will be on our way to China. Yes, we are just waiting on our Article 5 and then travel approval. We sent a care package to Noelle awhile ago. Our agency discourages families from using third party companies for their care packages so I was not able to get an update that one can usually get when using a company. Our last update was in May and I have been hoping for another one. Based on the measurements that have been on our two last updates we may have a really petite girl waiting for us. What they have given us would make her almost as small as Reagan and Reagan is very tiny for a 61/2 year old, Noelle is almost 9 years old
![]() |
| May 2012 update |
So there you have it...we are all caught up. I kinda feel like I just wrote a Christmas letter:) I really do wish I could say it won't be another two months before you hear from me but we all know how I am!



You should post more! I check almost every day you know! Sounds like it is going well, even though your big girls have left the nest. I can hardly wait to follow your journey to Noelle.
ReplyDeleteAnd that cake is awesome!
It was sooooooo great to meet yall and we will be praying for safe travels and transition mercies as you bring home another sheep to your fold! Praise God!
ReplyDeleteWonderful catch-up post! I'm so blessed watching everyone in your family blossom :-)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see Noelle in your arms!
Karin, Jerry and JunFen
I loved your update. So good for me to about others with older/younger/on the way children. It's a unique place to be. Looking forward to reading about your journey to Noelle.
ReplyDeleteNoelle she is beautiful...she looks so sweet ;0) i love her name noelle.
ReplyDeletecan't wait to follow your journey.