Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Reason 5477

I love fires.  Not the creepy arsonists kind of fires, but cozy fires.  Fires in the fall when the air is crisp.
Winter fires can be a bit cold, but nothing beats sitting on my patio in the middle of December and watching the flames and listening to the crackling of the wood.
Spring morning fires are so lovely and peaceful.  Dan and I often sit outside on Saturday mornings.  We have a fire while listening to the birds chirp and drinking our coffee.
Summer fires are by far my favorite.  Sitting late at night, roasting marshmallows and star gazing.  I'm still looking for that ever elusive shooting star, in my 42 years of life I have yet to see one.

My husband totally gets my love of fires.  Reason 3905 I love my husband: 

About 10 years ago he found this at a garage sale.  He brought it home for me.  He knew that I had always wanted an outdoor fireplace.  I think if truth be told he was really getting tired of the house smelling like smoke.  The fireplace in the house we had at the time had major issues.  Whenever we had a fire there always more smoke in the house than was leaving the chimney.  Even for me it was a bit much.

Six years ago we moved into the house we are in now.  It came with a gas fireplace.  I'm sure my husband thought for sure this would cure my fire fix.  Don't get me wrong, it is nice to turn on a switch and have an instant fire but there is something about a real fire.  The need for a real fire took me outside and back to Reason 3905 for my fire making.  Reason 4368 I love my husband:
My sweet husband saw that I was out growing Reason 3905 and he had this made for me.

Last Friday was my birthday.  I told him I didn't want anything and this time I  meant it.  I came home from work and on the dining room table was a gift bag.  I opened it up and there it was.....Reason 5477:

A brand new bellow.
And once again I say, my guy really gets me.
Thank you, Danny Boy.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love that outdoor space, it looks like the perfect place to read a book. And cook smores. And enjoy some family time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outdoor space you have! You're giving us some ideas for our home we're building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing outdoor fire place!! The whole set up is beautiful! Happy Birthday Danae!

    ReplyDelete