Thursday, April 28, 2011

Life Lately

Life lately has been crazy.  A good kind of crazy.

Life lately has been full of lacrosse games.  Kanika is in her third year of playing and I still don't understand the rules any better than her first year of playing.  But one thing I do know about lacrosse, games are never ever cancelled because of weather.  And with one of the windiest, wettest and coldest springs on record it can make supporting player # 11 a bit painful.  So it's substance over style.


Life lately has me trying to learn some simple Chinese words and phrases.  If I were to meet  Mason and Reagan today I could great them with, "Hello!  I love you.  I'm your mama.  Do you have to go to pee pee?"

Life lately has been one of decisions.  Well, not really decisions more like decision.  Bonich has decided to attend college at California Baptist University.  She had her heart set on a school in Texas so this decision was a difficult one for her.  Our girl learned first hand that God's plan isn't always our plan.  It was a very long journey to get to this decision but we know she is going to where God wants her to be.

Life lately has me trying to rekindle a relationship with this thing.

It's still very much a love hate relationship but we are working on it.

And last but not least, life lately has brought some good news.  Some seriously crazy good news.  We learned today that our Article 5 has picked up and is being delivered to the CCWA.  And now we wait for our travel approval.  We should hear something in the next two to four weeks.  We are planning on traveling sometime in mid June!

Life lately has been crazy good.

4 comments:

  1. First of all, I can hardly wait until you get to go get your kids!

    Second, I have a love/hate relationship with "that thing" too!

    Third, I understand you pain with spring sports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting. Any chance you will be traveling thru Hong Kong? I would love to meet and give you a tour of our fabulous city!
    Love & Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim- We are hoping that we can travel to Hong Kong on our way home.....would LOVE to meet you face to face!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post had me cracking up... I think you have the basic survival Chinese down so that's good :) I totally didn't even think about the fact that you want to be able to actually communicate with your children somehow... CCAI guides in China are awesome, I think you can learn alot of Chinese even from them while you're there. We went to Hong Kong on our way to China to pickup Selah and really enjoyed it. Anyways, can't wait to follow along on your journey!

    ReplyDelete