Tuesday, February 6, 2018

One Year of Sonshine

My Sonny,

One year ago.

You and I.

Met.

We looked each other in the eyes for the very first time.

We walked in.

As strangers.

And less than an hour later.

We walked out.

As mother and son.



It's a story that honestly.

Is difficult to comprehend.

Of all the children in the world.

I got you, my boy.

YOU.

You held my hand walking out the doors to the bus.

You pulled me.

Almost running to it.





That first day.

I knew you were sunshine.

This year of you.

Has been a dream come true.

Having you is an answer to my prayers.

And your daddy's.

Oh how we prayed for you, my boy.

There were a few years that we wondered.

Would we really be a mama and daddy again?

Lord, did you really say that we would?

But He is good.

And He is faithful.

You've brought sunshine to our family.

That we never even knew was missing.





Your laughter is truly the best medicine.

Your smile brings smiles.



You are smart with a capital S.

You are stubborn with a capital S.





You are determined.

And more than anything.

You.

Are.

Brave.

So so brave, my boy.





My hope is that you know.

How incredibly loved you are.

How brave you are.

And just how bright you shine.

Sonny.

The world is a better place with you.

My world is a brighter place with you.



I love you, my sonshine.

All my love.

Ma

1 comment: