Saturday, May 12, 2012
My Boy, His Heart and My Guitar
I recently celebrated a birthday and it happened to be on a Sunday. That same Sunday also happened to be Redemption Sunday at Sunday School for Mason. Through out the month the children have opportunities to earn tickets by answering questions correctly, being good listeners and so on. On the first Sunday of each month, known as Redemption Sunday, they get to redeem their tickets for prizes.
When I got to Mason's class he came running to me with a large box. I couldn't see at first what he had but he quickly turned it around so I could see it. It was a guitar. I cringed. He already has an electric one....why the need for one more?? But before I could think any further he shouted, "Happy Birthday, Mama!" He had traded 75 tickets for this guitar. He did not buy anything for himself. I love this boy of mine more and more everyday. I love his heart.
And I love my guitar.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a beautiful guitar, and a wonderful gift from your son! Can you play it, or is it a "look but don't touch" item? Either way, it's awesome!
ReplyDelete