Saturday, November 12, 2011

Forever Grateful

I am forever grateful for this day.  I became a mother for the very first time thirteen years ago. I am forever grateful for the painful and selfless decision of her birth mother and father.

Dan and I have the unique situation in that we were able to locate Bonich's birth parents.  We have gone back to Cambodia several times and have spent our entire time with her family.  They know that she is well taken care of, does well in school and receives all the medical attention that she needs….everything that they had hoped for.

2009
   
And Bonich in turn, is everything we had hoped for.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a wonderful treasure for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! What a gift for her to know them and that you can go and visit them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! What an amazing gift for Bonich AND her birth parents to have the blessing of one another AND you in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danae,
    I'm just in tears here, reading through your blog. It's a beautiful story of the gospel, isn't it? really. This is not our eternal Home, how we long for heaven, wholeness, no more brokenness. Press on in this life, one day at a time, knowing that God has put our families together exactly like he wants them. I just can't imagine getting to meet the girls birth parents. what a wonderful experience for you all. God is amazing to me! ((hug))!

    ReplyDelete