Martha Stewart I’ll never be so that also goes for our Christmas tree. I do love a beautifully decorated tree; it’s just that I don’t have it in me to do all that. I hate to admit it but I really don't enjoy decorating the tree. Instead I'd rather sit back and drink my Mexican hot chocolate while watching our girls decorate the tree. I love listening to
them reminisce about the
ornaments...."Oh I remember when we got this", “I love this one!” or even better "Why do we still have this one?"
I have to say that our tree is picture perfect.
But a closer look shows the true story: a modge podge of ornaments. Modge podge may be an understatement and I'm not sure what poor Martha would say. She'd probably be speechless.
We have the sweet sentimental ones…..
We have the homemade artsy crafty ones…..
We have some from Cambodia and next year will have some from China….
We then have the 'what were we thinking ones'…..
We even have a four-legged furry ornament.....
We have a few that are incredibly sweet.....
We have one showing our team spirit……
We even have a couple of ornaments that tapped into our white trashiness…..
And we have one of the reason for the season….
But I love our tree and all its modge podginess. It captures who we are.
The what were we thinking one,
And the incredibly sweet one,
Oh, who cares about Martha??? Trees are about memories! I think these types of trees are the loveliest!
ReplyDelete